3 Key Steps to a Healthier Future
The Central Texas Health Consortium (CTHC) is inspiring a healthier community by combining resources and strengths to focus on three steps:
- Prevent and Reduce Obesity and associated chronic diseases
- Increase opportunities and environments supporting Physical Activity
- Encourage workplaces , schools, and churches to commit to a culture of health!
- Increase access to fresh fruits and vegetables
- Improve access to high quality preventive care
- Create and provide community health education
- Prevent and Reduce Tobacco Use
- Limit exposure to second hand smoke
- Reducing Danger of Secondhand Smoke
Creating A Healthier CommUNITY!
The Central Texas Health Consortium is a group of people who live, work and play in the community and are passionate about reducing preventable chronic diseases including obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, stroke and cancer.
We want to inspire you to engage in a healthy, physically active lifestyle! Together we create programs, policies and environments that support a healthy commUNITY.
We support community events, research, networking, and programming that encourage increased physical activity and improve access to healthy food for everyone living in Comal and Guadalupe Counties.
By bringing people together in support of healthy lifestyles we will create safe, healthy communities and improve access to health services.
Everyone should have access to a healthy life…
That’s the mission of The Transforming Texas Grant.
By uniting stakeholders in the greater Comal and Guadalupe County areas, our vision is to create safe, healthy communities, improve access to preventive and clinical health services and eliminate health disparities.