It is up to YOU!
Small Steps Unite to Create Big Improvements…
Remember, it is always best to get a doctor’s advice when starting any kind of physical activity program or diet. And it’s also a good idea to consult your doctor for support in beginning a tobacco-cessation program.
Currently, 7 out of 10 adults do not get the recommended amount of physical activity, and one-third of adults are not physically active at all.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Set a timer on your phone or watch and get up to stretch every hour
- Park your car farther from the store
- Break physical activity sessions into 10 minute increments- do some jumping jacks or push-ups waiting for the water in the shower to warm-up, go for a 10 minute walk on lunch break
- Work in your garden when you get home from the office.
People who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are at reduced risk for chronic diseases. Fresh fruits and Vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.
- Add a fresh fruit or veggie smoothie into your day, they make a quick and easy breakfast or lunch, freeze a batch on Sunday night so you have them ready to go on busy mornings.
- Visit your local markets and try a new variety of fruit or vegetable you’ve never eaten before, ask the farmer or a fellow shopper for a recipe idea.
- Getting enough water everyday is important for your health, carry a reusable water bottle when working or running errands for easy access.
Quitting smoking and exposure to second hand smoke greatly reduces your risk of developing smoking related diseases.
- Make an appointment today with your doctor for advice on quitting
- Visit the CDC website for more information and ideas on quitting smoking.
- Understand the dangers of second hand smoke
The Benefits of A Healthier YOU…
By increasing your physical activity, adding healthy eating habits, and stopping the use of tobacco products, you will experience:
- More energy
- Fewer doctor visits
- Better heart health
- Lower health costs
- Improved sleep
- More productivity
The Benefits of A Healthier CommUNITY…
Your healthy steps help everyone in the community by:
- Saving lives by preventing health problems
- Lowering costs to the community
- Creating a healthier workforce
- Reducing medical expenses
- Creating a more active and engaged community
- Establishing a healthy lifestyle culture for our children